Creating a perfect romantic night in has never been easier. With just four main ingredients you can "cook up" a beautiful atmosphere in your own home and vow your significant other with a thoughtful surprise. So what are those ingredients?
1. Romance Decor Box. When you pick one of our Romance Decor Boxes, you are all set in the mood-setting department. Each Box contains high quality beautiful decor items that ensure the best romantic experience. Get the Valentine's Night Box for an array of basic romance decor items like candles sticks, tea light candles and fragrant rose petals; upgrade to the Deluxe Box for an experience that includes a champagne bucket, a pair of flutes, a serving tray and even more tea lights and rose petals or go all out and create the most elaborate night in you have ever had with the Luxury Box that includes a luxurious silver-hued candelabra, our signature massage oil, a silk blindfold to make the surprise reveal even more romantic. Regardless of your budget, you can find a Box to fit your romance needs.
2. Bottle of Bubbly. No romantic night is complete without a bottle of fizzling champagne. The choices at the store can be overwhelming and if you are not a champagne connoisseur, you probably don't know which bottle to pick. Don't worry, we've got you covered!
First off, make sure you are buying actual "champagne." Authentic champagne comes from one small region in France and no other bubbly is allowed to use the word "champagne" on the bottle, hence the "sparkling wine" moniker on all non-French bottles (read more about the history of champagne and its making process on our blog to impress your date with your knowledge about this beautiful drink with royal roots).
Now onto the selection - here is our list of favorite champagnes:
Veuve Clicquot comes from one of the oldest French champagne houses. They have plenty of varieties but are known for their dry and semi-dry (sec and demi-sec) varieties. Prices range between $40 and $70 for non-vintage bottles.
Moët & Chandon is another champagne powerhouse with a long list of bubbly varieties. We like the reasonably-priced Imperial Brut, but they also have other choices including Ice and Rose for a different champagne experience. Moët is usually sold for approximately $40-50 per bottle.
- Dom Perignon is of course the king of all champagnes. At around $150 per bottle it is a luxurious champagne tasting adventure but it is totally worth it if you are looking to impress.
If you don't want to spend over $40 per bottle, consider these sparkling wines for your night in:
- Martini Asti (sweet Italian sparkling wine; approximately $15 per bottle)
- Lamberti Prosecco (Italian sparkling wine; approximately $12 per bottle)
Gruet Brut (U.S.-produced sparkling wine that follows the French champagne-making technique without the French price tag; approximately $15 per bottle)
3. Flowers. Romantic nights get even more romantic with an addition of red roses. I am sure that you know a local florist who can bundle up a dozen or two long-stemmed red roses for your romantic night in, but if you don't, don't worry, there are plenty of online delivery services that can deliver a perfect flower arrangement right to your door. Without further ado, here is our list of top flower e-commerce sites:
Bouqs.com - sustainable flower farming is their motto. Their flowers are cut the day you order and shipped from one of their farm partners so they last. All their farms practice sustainable, eco-friendly farming, and they cut only what they sell so they don't waste 1 out of every 3 stems like others. The only downside of farm-to-table bouquets is the fact that you can't do a last minute order, so plan to order well in advance.
ProFlowers.com have a great selection of stems as well as an array of other add-ons to enhance your romantic night. You can add chocolate-dipped strawberries, a stuffed animal or balloons to your order. They are also reasonably-priced.
Themillionroses.us is THE place to purchase the coveted hatbox roses that last up to a year. Talk about a lasting present! Beautifully arranged, each hat box is an absolute work of art that is sure to impress. Yes, the prices are on the steeper side, but hey, they last a full year and will cause major instagram envy when your partner posts them!
- "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" Aerosmith
- "Wild Horses" The Rolling Stones
- "November Rain" Guns N' Roses
- "You Can Keep Your Hat On" Joe Cocker
- "I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight" Cutting Crew
- "Every Rose Has Its Thorns" Brett Michaels
- "Nothing Else Matters" Metallica
- "I Want to Know What Love Is" Foreigner
- "If You Ever Loved a Woman" Bryan Adams
- "Winter Walk" David Nouveau
- "Adagio" Lara Fabian
- "I Will Wait for Your" from "Parapluies de Cherbourg" by Michel Legrand
- "Bella's Lullaby" from "Twilight" movie soundtrack
- "Time to Say Goodbye" Andrea Bocelli
- "Mascagni" Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana
- "Rota Love Theme" from Romeo and Juliet
- "Claire La Lune" Claude Debussy
- "Fur Elise" Beethoven
- "Winter" Vivaldi
- "Without You" The Piano Guys' cover of David Guetta feat. Usher song
- "L'Hymne à l'Amour" Édith Piaf
- "Que je T'aime"Jonny Hallyday
- "Mourir D'aimer" Charles Aznavour
- "La Mer" Charles Trenet
- "The Conversation" Pearl Jango
- "The Richest Man in Babylon" album by Thievery Corporation (we know they are not French but they will sound great in this playlist :)
Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack - regardless of how you feel about the book or the movie, the soundtrack is just a perfect combo of beautiful romantic music. Available for download on any music-streaming app.
Smooth Jazz station is also an easy choice for a romantic sound setting.
And now you are all set for you romantic night in. Enjoy!